Have you purchased a new iPhone for yourself? Whether it’s a brand new iPhone 13, undoubtedly the best iPhone on the market right now, or a little older iPhone 12 or iPhone 11. After all,how to transfer data from iphone to iphone you could be upgrading from a much older iPhone that was long overdue. Congratulations, regardless of where you came from or what you bought! It’s always wonderful to get a new iPhone.
But what about the data on your old iPhone? You most likely have a large amount of data on it that you wish to save, such as messages, voicemails, photos and videos, contacts, numerous files and documents,how to transfer data from iphone to iphone and much more. All of this information is critical, and you’ll want to be certain that it all makes transferred safely to your greatest iPhone.
How will you get your old data onto your new iPhone, such as the iPhone 13 Pro? Don’t worry; there are a few options, such as using iCloud or adopting the more traditional manner with a cable connection to your favourite Mac or PC. Here are the finest methods for transferring data to a new iPhone. Back Up Now should be selected.
Steps for transferring iPhone data from iTunes to Click Back Up Now
If prompted, skip Backup Apps. (They’ll almost certainly re-download anyway.) When you’re finished, unplug your old iPhone.
- Switch off your old iPhone.
- Remove the SIM card from your old iPhone. (If your new phone does not come with a new or separate SIM card.)
- Wait for the backup to finish before proceeding with the following procedures.
- Insert your new iPhone’s SIM card. (If it did not include a fresh or different SIM card.)
- Start your new iPhone.
- Connect your new iPhone to your Mac or Windows computer.
- Slide to activate your new iPhone.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to select your language and configure your Wi-Fi network.
- Choose Restore from an iTunes backup.
- Select Restore from this backup in iTunes on your Mac or Windows PC.
- Select your most recent backup from the list.
- Steps for backing up an iPhone on iTunes Select the backup by clicking Restore from this backup.
- Continue by clicking the button
- If your backup was encrypted, provide your password when prompted. Steps for transferring data from iTunes to iPhone Continue by entering your password.
- Steps for transferring data from iTunes to iPhone Continue by entering your password (Image credit: iMore)
- Keep your iPhone hooked into iTunes and connected to Wi-Fi until all re-downloads are complete.
- It may take some time depending on how much data you have to re-download, including music and apps.
- Ensure that your most crucial data is transferred from iPhone to iPhone.
- On our iPhones, we all have a lot of important data and memories.
While it may appear to be a daunting task to move all of that information to a new iPhone, it’s simple, and you have various options, ranging from the automatic setup process to iCloud to depending on a good old-fashioned cable data transfer between your computer and iPhone.
When it comes to wired transfers, make sure you have a high-quality Lightning cable on hand. However Apple no longer includes an iPhone charger, it does include a basic USB-C to Lightning connection, though the quality may be subpar. Check out our recommendations for the best USB-C to Lightning cables for your money if you want something more durable than Apple’s cords, which are known to fray and break down over time.
With your new and current devices handy, choose your language on your new iPhone. On your iPhone, tap Continue when prompted to register your new iPhone with your Apple ID. The updated iPhone setup steps are displayed. Select a language and then press the Continue button. Scan the image that shows on your new iPhone with your current iPhone. On your new iPhone, enter the passcode from your current iPhone or iPad. On your new iPhone, enable Touch ID or Face ID. New iPhone setup instructions teach how to scan the automatic setup code and then set up Touch ID.
How to Back Up Your iOS Data
You should back up your data before transferring data from your previous phone, whether manually or through an app. Here are two excellent methods for backing up everything on your old smartphone.
How to Make an iCloud Backup
You may have enabled your phone to automatically backup to iCloud, but it’s important performing a final backup before switching to Android! You can still access that data through a browser on other devices, and who knows if you’ll ever go back? Before you begin, make sure your phone is charged and linked to a Wi-Fi network.
How to use iCloud to backup your data:
- Navigate to Settings on your iPhone.
- Choose a name
- Choose iCloud.
- Choose iCloud backup.
- Choose Back Up. Now
- Unless you log in through your browser, you won’t be able to access iCloud on your Android phone. You can still use an app to move the data to your new phone, or you can manually download your iCloud files to your computer and then to your new phone.
How to Upload Data to Google Drive
Google Drive is the most convenient way to back up your data. It will save a copy of your calendar, contacts, movies, and images. If you’ve previously backed up your images and movies to iCloud, you’ll want to move them all to Google Drive because Android doesn’t have an iCloud app! If you use Microsoft for your calendar and contacts, you can get their Android apps for your new phone. Here’s how to use Google Drive to backup your data:
Install Google Drive from the App Store on your iOS device
- Log in with your Google account.
- Go to Google Drive’s settings.
- Backup should be chosen.
- Choose what you want to backup.
- Choose Start Backup.
- Of course, you are not required to use Google Drive. Instead, you can utilise a service like Amazon Drive, OneDrive, or Dropbox.
- If you simply use Amazon Photographs and do not utilise the other services, you can back up your photos on Amazon Photos and Google Drive.
How to Transfer Data from an iPhone to an Android Device
On Pixel and Samsung phones, you can utilise their respective apps to automatically transfer data. You are not need to perform a Google Drive backup, but it is usually a good idea in case something goes wrong during the phone transfer procedure. Google Drive may be used to transfer your calendar, contacts, images, and videos from other phones. Everything else will require manual data transmission or the usage of a premium app. However, be cautious when installing new programmes. First, thoroughly vet them!
How to Transfer iOS Data to Android Manually
You can manually transfer images, movies, documents, and music files from your old phone to the new one by plugging both phones onto your computer. Using iTunes on a PC, manually copy music files from your iPhone to your PC or Android phone. Manually transfer photographs and movies in the file explorer. You can export WhatsApp text chats and email them to yourself, but you won’t be able to transmit images or videos from discussions.
If your calendar is synchronised with iCloud, you can export it as an.ics file and import it into Google Calendar manually. You can also export all contacts from iCloud as a.vcf file for import into Google Contacts. A Google Drive backup, on the other hand, will import calendar and contacts from your iOS device and iCloud account to Google Calendar. Using the Finder on a Mac, transfer any files from your iPhone to your Android device. You could also download iCloud files to your Android phone or Google Drive using your Mac.
If you wish to move everything from iPhone to iPhone without using iCloud, you can use this guide. You will be able to transfer photographs, movies, contacts, and other file kinds after mastering the procedures presented here. If your calendar is synchronised with iCloud, you can export it as an.ics file and import it into Google Calendar manually. You can also export all contacts from iCloud as a.vcf file for import into Google Contacts. A Google Drive backup, on the other hand, will import calendar and contacts from your iOS device and iCloud account to Google Calendar.
Using the Finder on a Mac, transfer any files from your iPhone to your Android device. You could also download iCloud files to your Android phone or Google Drive using your Mac.
Check Also : How to Delete Google Search History – Complete Guidelines