Department store devoted only to electronics Two Citi-issued store cards with the BestBuy Credit Card Login let you earn rewards just for making purchases at the electronics giant. Considering the high cost and rapid obsolescence of electronics like cellphones, HDTVs, and laptops, it may be prudent to bring one along on your frequent trips to that store. Although the cards provide deferred-interest financing for certain purchases, a genuine 0% introductory APR deal would be a safer decision in most circumstances, and rewards can only be redeemed at Best Buy. There are many of other rewards credit cards out there that provide more options and flexibility in terms of benefits.
Five facts concerning the Best Buy credit card are presented below.
First, Best Buy offers two different credit cards. You can apply for a Best Buy Citi credit card either in-store or online; however, the application procedure is unclear, and you have no say over the card you are issued.
Two primary variants exist:
That Citi Credit Card is the Best! This store card can only be used at Best Buy and BestBuy.com; no other stores or websites accept it. You won’t have to worry about paying an annual fee. Best Purchase Citi Card Ever! You can use this credit card everywhere that accepts Visa, making it a true “open-loop” card. There are two different types of this card, with the main distinction being the yearly cost. After submitting your application, Best Buy will let you know which one you’ve been accepted for.
There is a $59 yearly maintenance fee for this edition.
There is no yearly charge for this edition. When you apply for a credit card from Best Buy, the My Best Buy Visa Platinum card is the one you’ll see initially (open-loop, no annual fee). If you don’t get the My Best Buy Visa Gold, you’ll be offered the My Best Buy Credit Card (store card) (with annual fee). Your creditworthiness will determine which version, if any, you are offered. Therein lies a perennial query:
How high of a credit score is required to receive a Best Buy Citi credit card?
The minimum and maximum credit scores required by Best Buy are not disclosed. Even if your credit isn’t perfect, you may still be able to get a card from this issuer.
In a nutshell:
Due to the relative ease of obtaining a closed-loop store card vs an open-loop card, many persons with average or below-average credit begin their credit journey with a store card. In the case of credit cards that come with both annual and no-annual fees, the latter are more likely to be approved for persons with fair credit, as the cost serves to mitigate the lender’s loss should a customer default. The rewards are fair, but the process of redeeming them is cumbersome.
Rewards are accrued via points in the My Best Buy consumer loyalty programme, which requires carrying one of these credit cards. You then transform those points into Best Buy rewards certificates: For every 250 points, you may redeem a $5 gift card, making each point worth around 2 cents. (A minimum of 250 points is required for redemption.) Best Buy incentives are the same for both versions of the card.
- 5% return on all purchases at Best Buy (2.5 points each $1 spent).
- Financing with a lot of leeway (more on that below).
- The Visa card, however, has much more functionality.
- You will receive more than just 5% cash back at Best Buy.
- Get 3% cash back on gas ($1.5 in rewards for every $1 spent).
- Spending at restaurants and supermarkets earns you 2 percent cash back (1 point every $1).
- Other commonplace purchases earn 1% back (1 point for every $2 spent).
- Once again, a $5 certificate will be issued for every 250 points earned.
- When you reach 250 points, a certificate will be sent to your email inbox automatically unless you change this setting.
- Hints for Geeks
- If you are a member of My Best Buy Elite Plus, you can boost your rate at Best Buy to 6% (3 points every $1 spend) with either card. (The programme has three tiers; Elite Plus is the highest, and you’ll attain that by spending $3,500 in a calendar year.)
- Third, deferred interest may be an alternative… but it could be risky.
- The Best Buy Citi credit cards advertise occasional “no interest if paid in full” deals (aka, “delayed interest” offers), spanning between six and 36 months, which can sound enticing.
- But it’s crucial to grasp what delayed interest means.
- With such an offer, interest is not waived, as it would be with a true 0% intro APR offering.
- A deferred interest offer simply puts the interest earned aside until a later date.
- You won’t have to worry about paying interest if you pay off your purchase before the conclusion of the interest-free period.
- If you do not pay off your debt in full by the end of the promotional period, however, you will be charged the full continuing interest rate on the entire purchase, retroactive to the day of purchase.
- Instead of using a loan, look into credit cards that offer a genuine 0% APR promotion if you need to finance a sizable buy and want to avoid interest charges.
The benefits of the Wells Fargo Reflect® Card include:
From the date of account opening, you’ll benefit from an introductory APR of 0% on purchases for up to 21 months and a 0% introductory APR of 0% on balance transfers for up to 21 months, with a variable ongoing APR of 15.24%-27.24%. An incentive awaits you inside the card’s envelope. Best Buy’s retail credit card is similar to others in that it provides a one-time bonus to new cardholders. In the event of approval, you may be eligible to receive a bonus of up to 10% in Best Buy points on your first day of purchases. In other words, if you spend $2,000 on your first purchase with your Best Buy credit card, you will earn 10,000 bonus points. Two hundred dollars’ worth of Best Buy reward certificates. There is no minimum purchase requirement to earn the bonus, unlike with many other credit cards.
You can choose for flexible financing rather than the one-time 10% rebate (aka, deferred interest offers). Five, you don’t need to be a Best Buy loyalist to find a better option. A Best Buy credit card could be worthwhile if you spend enough money there on a regular basis to qualify for one of the store’s higher-tier memberships and then utilise that membership to make frequent purchases at Best Buy, therefore redeeming your rewards frequently.
My Best Buy Citi Visa Gold is an overpriced option with an annual charge of $59. Spending almost $1,000 at Best Buy as an Elite Plus member is required to earn back the membership fee. Choose between the BestBuy Credit Card Login and the BestBuy Credit Card Login Visa Platinum if you’re looking at a credit card from Best Buy. However, you cannot choose which card you will be granted approval for. Most consumers would be better served by a rewards credit card that is not particular to any one store. If you are looking for a rewards credit card, I recommend one from NerdWallet’s list.