Best open back headphones are Not that commonly thought of by most gamers, But that is a pity. There are a whole lot of reasons why you may want to track down several best open back headphones you may use while gaming. If you would like to get lost in the sound design of your favourite games (and let’s be fair — sound design sometimes doesn’t get the love it deserves in gaming spaces), then open is going to be the way to go.
But you probably have questions. No issue. We’ll start by running You through a top 10 list of the best open back headphones for gaming. While they’re roughly ordered in terms of our favorites, bear in mind That distinct headphones are going to be better fits for various consumers.
Top 10 Best Open-Back Headphones for Gaming
1. Shure SRH1840 Professional Best Open Back Headphones
The Shure SRH1840 is constructed with serious professionals in your mind, which shows both from the performance and the design. Unfortunately, it’s also reflected in the purchase price. But if you would like the very best of the best, there’s a great argument to be made for these best open back headphones.
The sound quality is possibly the best for under a grand – providing a degree of richness and clarity that is built with the requirements of audiophiles in your mind but also a excellent option for games. And while they may not seem all that different from other best open back headphones for gaming, they are sturdily and comfortably built.
- Truly class leading sound quality
- Ergonomic and lightweight band
- Sound gives off a natural warmth
- 40 mm drivers are individually matched
- Relatively high asking price
2. beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro 250 ohm Best Open Back Headphones
The Identical thing Which Makes the Beyerdynamic DT 990 PRO such well Regarded tracking best open back headphones is the same thing which makes them excellent for gaming: consistency. They sport a neutral sound that offers balance across any distinct gaming genre with the best clarity appearing at the mids and the highs.
And these best open back headphones are both comfortable and durable too. The band Along with the cups might not be made from the sturdiest material we’ve struck, but they feel amazingly plush and soft from the ears. The thickness of the sound stage on the Beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro is particularly worthy of your attention, as it is one of the biggest benefits closed headset can offer.
Great from the Studio or the Battlefield
- Incredibly comfortable velour cups
- Good performance in upper register
- Very neutral sound balance
- Above average sound stage
- Bass sound is a little thin
3. Philips Audio SHP9500 HiFi Precision Over-Ear Best Open Back Headphones
Like a lot of best open back headphones, the Philips SHP9500 are constructed with significant listening in your mind. But what sets them apart from most of the competition is they’re also very reasonably priced. They retail for well under a hundred dollars but deliver some sound performance which may compete with much more expensive best open back headphones.
There is a wonderful sense of neutrality into the frequency policy – a choice that guarantees these best open back headphones will work no matter what gaming genres you would like. And while you should not be wearing these headphones (or any best open back headphones) outdoors, they are rather durable headset.
- Ear cups covered in breathable mesh
- Expansive frequency response range
- Crisp, high power 50 mm drivers
- Cable is easy to remove
- Larger and bulkier form factor
4. Sennheiser GAME ONE Gaming Headphones, Open Acoustic
Making a list of the best open back headphones for gambling often means finding audiophile headphones which will also be suitable for gaming. Fortunately, Sennheiser provides among the rare few pairs of best open back constructed specifically with game functionality in mind.
While that means that the music quality is not too great, these best open back headphones do a phenomenal job of reproducing in game sound effects and voices. And then there is the voices, which offers incredibly clear voice transport when trying to communicate with your teammates. And no matter what platform you prefer to play on, the AUX input can suit your needs.
- Above average game audio
- Exceptional noise isolating mic
- Cables are fully exchangeable
- Available in black and white
- Not the most comfortable headphones
5. ASTRO Gaming A40 TR X-Edition Best Open Back Headphones
The A40 by Astro has an advantage that many of the best open back headphones do not: the fact that it is constructed solely with the demands of gaming in mind. With this headset, gamers will find a lightweight and comfortable fit together with sound performance that has been optimized for the sort of music and sound effects most notable in modern games.
The boom mic here is also fully detachable so it can stay out of this Way if you want to dive head first into your favorite single player Gaming worlds. And also to working with PC and Mac, these gaming Cans will also be compatible with XBox One and the upcoming XBox Series X.
- Specially tuned for gaming experiences
- Body that’s compatible with mod kits
- Compatible with Microsoft consoles
- Speaker tags are fully customizable
- Aesthetics will be a bit garish for some
6. AKG Pro Audio K702 Best Open Back Studio Best Open Back Headphones
Designed as they are with a neutral frequency response selection along with a form variable that breathes, studio reference best open back headphones aren’t a normal point of conversation with competitive gamers, however, the K702 will make some gaming enthusiasts rethink their biases.
And the feeling of neutrality in the office here suggests that you can get natural sound performance and better directional sound in all from sports games to shooters to roleplaying games. Dialogue specifically comes across good, and the deficiency of over-emphasis in the mid century ensures that the bass also provides a number of the greatest sound quality you’ll find anywhere.
- Comfortable 3D foam ear pads
- Natural and neutral sound performance
- Voice coil for crisp and clean dialogue
- Very expansive frequency coverage
- Slightly cheap plastic build quality
7. HIFIMAN HE-400I Over Ear Best Open Back Design Best Open Back Headphones
The HiFiMan HE-400i does something quite interesting with their driver layout. They ditch the traditionally cone shaped drivers to get a very thin planar magnetic drivers. The outcomes is a few of the finest sound performance we have ever observed, and these best open back headphones especially sing about the bass frequencies.
And even though being a fairly large pair of best open back headphones, the design here is very lightweight. HiFiMan boasts that their best open back headphones weigh up to 30 percent less than comparable headp
Hones, but they also sports a quality and comfortable. The highlight here is your FocusPad – a style that uses a beveled shape assembled by a pleather/velour hybrid.
- Truly innovative driver design
- Ear cups made of pleather and velour
- Very cool aesthetic design
- High performance gold connectors
- Cord is very short
8. Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Best Open Back Headphones
The Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X is not the best performing best open back headphones for gaming on the listing, but they might just be the very best bargain. That is because they supply the top quality sound performance that Audio-Technica is famous for using a price tag which hovers into a hundred dollars. These best open back headphones take advantage of strong drivers which extend past the conventional 40 or 50 millimeter size for clarity at higher volumes, and the honeycomb casing expands the spaciousness of their acoustics more.
And better still, these are comfortable best open back headphones. The bigger size of these ear cups signifies your ears will be comfortably ensconced while still supplying you with loads of space to breathe. And further enlarging on how comfortable these best open back headphonesare for gaming is the simple fact that it uses fully 3D wing service which may correct on the fly to meet your listening experience.
- Tremendous value for the price
- Ear cups are very comfortable
- Cord design that reduces tangles
- Supports 3.5 and 6.5 mm adapters
- One of the bigger and bulkier models
9. LyxPro OEH-10 Hi Fi Audiophile Best Open Back Headphones
If you are seeking out some best open back headphones cans for a gamer on a budget, the unassuming LyxPro OEH-10 is a promising option. Since it might be lightweight in terms of pricing and name recognition, but it’s got lots going on underneath the hood. And the layout here is pretty slick. The grille design and total profile resemble the form of best open back headphones Grado makes while retaining a more traditional sense of individuality.
That’s because those are adequate sounding best open back headphones despite imports for under a hundred dollars. LyxPro uses solid components throughout – including gold plated plugs for less chance of rusting or corrosion. And for people who prefer more significant studio best open back headphones due to their gaming time, the fact that the ear cups could swivel at 90 degrees will be a welcome inclusion. And though the cable itself can not be dispersed, it will come with an adapter for traditional stereo output.
- Entry level asking price
- Great materials throughout
- Cool design is also comfortable
- Cups rotate at 90 degrees
- Ear pads are difficult to change
10. GRADO SR60e Best Open Back Stereo Best Open Back Headphones
Grado is a manufacturer that fulfills a fairly distinctive niche in the best open back headphones market. The exceptional and meticulously crafted design of the best open back headphones are legendary, but it sometimes contributes to the mistaken assumption that most of their best open back headphones come with luxury rates. But their entry level model, the Grado sr60e Prestige asserts the quality which Grado is famous for combined with a uniquely nostalgic layout. But it seems like it looks. The bass is consistent without being amplified, the mids crisp and dimensionally rich, and the highs keeping a fantastic crispness. In terms of virtually every caliber, there is not a better pair of best open back headphones in this price.
- Backed by a one year warranty
- Comes with 1/4 inch adapter
- Relatively tough build quality
- Exceptional frequency coverage
- Cable can’t be removed