Battery-powered watches were the standard bearers for timepiece technology for a long time, but that’s changing. As watches end up greater approximately fashion than about time keeping, automatic watches have become a famous preference for people from all walks of lifestyles
More reliable and more vintage in their design, they’re as tons conversation pieces as they are a way to track the time of day, and there are countless options in case you’re looking to pick up an automated watch. Of course that means that there’s an extremely vast variety in phrases of exceptional. Whether or not you’re searching out something to wear within the office or around the residence, we assist you to locate the nice automatic watches available today.
Top 10 Automatic Watches
1. Fossil Men’s ME3110 Townsman Automatic Watches
Fossil is going all in with its classic design on this model. The two subdial chronograph is supplemented by a separate skeleton dial that gives you a glimpse of the watch’s inner workings, but the inclusion of these dials doesn’t crowd out the general beauty of the watch itself. The counterpoint of blue and gold is gorgeous, and there’s a sense of art deco design in the bold, golden Roman numerals that identify the 3, 6, 9, and 12 o’clock indicators. Combined with the smart leather strap, it’s a watch that offers a journey back to the past for less than $100.
- Offers a power reserve of 36 hours when fully wound
- Includes two subdial chronograph and skeleton dial
- Supports a date calendar
- Backed by a full two year warranty
2. Timex Men’s Metropolitan 40mm Automatic Watches
A stylish watch doesn’t have to cost you hundreds of dollars. The sleek design of this Timex men’s watch leans into the black aesthetic, sporting a mesh face with a matte black bezel and silver markers and arms that break the otherwise smooth all black finish. The Arabic numerals are stripped down to simple markers at the 6 o’clock and 12 o’clock positions to leave a watch otherwise unencumbered by clutter whatsoever. But if you’re looking for variants, four other options are available, each incorporating the same basic design with a slick and sleek two tone aesthetic that minimalists will love.
- A simple design executed brilliantly
- Affordable but backed by a quality movement
- Ultra-thin case is lightweight and comfortable
- Face covered by scratch proof mineral glass
3. Citizen OCTAVIA Men’s Automatic Watch
Citizen’s Octavia watch, a member of its popular Signature series, is in many ways a stark counterpoint to Seiko’s perennial timepiece. Despite comfortably occupying a position among the best automatic watches under 1000 dollars, it’s still significantly higher in price than the Seiko 5. But that’s because this is a luxury watch through and through. The bold numbering and face design is striking, and that’s doubly true for the small window that gives you access into the inner workings. It would be insincere to call it a skeleton watch, but the ability to glimpse at the gears is a nice aesthetic touch. But the real feature that separates this from other automatic watches for men is Eco-Drive technology. This allows it to be powered by solar energy and maintain a higher level of accuracy in timekeeping. Its power reserve lasts for a respectable 42 hours of disuse.
- Powered by Citizen’s trademark Eco-Drive solar technology
- Water resistance makes it suitable for swimming or snorkeling
- A great, elegant design suitable for professional environments
- Protected by sturdy anti-reflective sapphire crystal
4. Seiko Men’s Prospex Automatic Diver Watch
A lot of companies market their own diving watches, but no companies get the fundamentals right as consistently as Seiko. This Prospex model diving watch offers water resistance able to meet the needs of even the most adventurous divers, and the unidirectional bezel is reliable and strong, so you don’t have to worry about accidentally losing track of time. The inclusion of Lumibrite markers and hands is another bonus, ensuring that you’ll be able to read the time no matter how deep the waters. Combine this with the smart industrial design and you’re left with a versatile watch that’s not just for underwater use.
- Luminescent hands and markers are very bright
- Date window at the 3 o’clock marker
- Incredibly accurate Seiko movement
- Highly functional bezel perfect for diving
5. Stuhrling Original Luxury Dress Skeleton Automatic Watches
Few timepieces look as cool as a skeleton watch. After all, if you’re going to invest in the quality craftsmanship that comes from an automatic watch, why not show it off? Stuhrling’s entry into the skeleton watch market doesn’t come with all the bells and whistles you’d find with a diving watch or a Swiss watch, but it’s an absolutely stunning piece of work. And there are a few neat features available despite the guts of the watch sitting front and center. A separate dial allows you to track the hours on a different time zone, a great convenience for international business people. The top dial, meanwhile, makes use of a beautiful display that shifts through the night and day cycle accurately. The luxury design apparent on the face extends to the strap as well. It’s made of embossed alligator leather and secured with a stainless steel buckle.
- A truly gorgeous take on the skeleton watch
- Dual time functionality lets you track multiple time zones
- Supported by a comprehensive two year warranty from the manufacturer
- Rotating AM/PM indicator is beautiful to look at
6. Orient Men’s ‘Ray II’ Automatic Watch
If you’re looking for a diving watch that doesn’t cling to the identity of Rolex’s popular standard, Orient’s Ray II may be the right choice for you. It’s long been recommended as one of the best starting watches for new collectors due to its affordable price and its reliability, but that makes it an equally sensible option if you’re just looking for a single watch that will last you for years. The midnight blue face is a bold choice further accentuated by the distinct and prominent time markers, and both date and day windows fit comfortably on its surface. The unidirectional and scalloped bezel rocks a luminescent pip to improve readability underwater, and that’s further complemented by the high quality lume on the hands and dials. A stop seconds feature lets you achieve accuracy more easily, and the sturdy bezel comes with a cycle of 120 clear and distinguishable clicks.
- A great diving watch with a design distinct from the Rolex Submariner
- Unidirectional bezel is secure and has great tactile feedback
- Comes with hand-winding capabilities, a recent addition for Orient
- All movements are manufactured in house
7. Tag Heuer Formula 1 Mens Automatic Watch
Tag Hauer’s Formula 1 watch may be expensive, but that’s to be expected given that it’s created by one of the most popular and respected luxury watch brands in the world. This pure stainless steel automatic watch relies on an extremely high-quality quartz movement, but its real selling point is its luxurious but understated style. The black, white, and silver design really pops without being ostentatious, and the gray face has a nice gradated gunmetal sheen that looks great under any light. It’s a watch that will stand out at a party or board meeting without having to shout for attention.
- Rotating stainless steel bezel treated with a ceramic ring
- Luminescent hands and markers are easy to read in the dark
- Date display window at the 3 o’clock marker
- Offers a 38 hour power reserve
8. Bulova 98A179 Automatic Watch
Bulova offers some of the best automatic watches around, and while the 98A179 certainly sports a great quality build, what really sets it apart from the competition is its unique design. The watch case is built like a tank, while the entirety of the face makes use of a skeleton display that lets you see all of its inner workings clearly and distinctly. The gunmetal finish lends the entire watch an industrial design that’s well suited to the exhibitionist aesthetic, but the rugged look is more than just a stylistic choice. The sapphire glass and stainless steel that went into its construction can really take a beating.
- Skeleton design lets you see all the inner workings
- Protected by incredibly durable sapphire glass
- Employs a respectable 40 hour power reserve
- Incorporates 21 jewels into its automatic movement
9. Invicta Men’s 8928OB Pro Diver Automatic Watch
If you’re looking for a dive watch, an automatic watch is a practical necessity for the sake of your safety. The reliability of an automatic watch ensures that you’ll always know when you’ve been underwater too long. The Rolex Submariner is the gold standard for diving watches, but the Invicta takes both its aesthetic sensibilities and its notable features and offers them for less than a hundred dollars. This is a classy watch that will look just as good in the boardroom as it will under the sea, while the scalloped edge bezel is of the same stock as the Submariner, providing you with accurate timekeeping for diving expeditions. Also similar in design are the unidirectional rotating bezel and the screw down crown which greatly minimize the risk of mistakes in high pressure diving environments. This would be one of the best cheap automatic watches you’ll find even without the high-quality diving features.
- Replicates both the form and function of the Rolex Submariner at a fraction of the cost
- Modest size makes it a comfortable fit for most men’s wrists
- Fold-over clasp and screw down crown provide extra sense of security
- Illuminated face works well even underwater
1O. rient Men’s ‘2nd Gen. Bambino Ver. 2
Like all of Seiko’s subsidiaries, all the components of Orient watches and their movements are made in house, and that means that you’ll get a level of craftsmanship that goes above and beyond with this $100 automatic watch. The Bambino is regularly regarded as one of the more popular dress watches around, and the second generation version brings with it an updated and more reliable movement from earlier models as well as a thin profile that makes it a great choice for both men and women. It may be fairly conventional in its design, but that’s part of its charm.
- Available in five different styles
- Uses movements and parts made in house
- An automatic watch that offers hacking and hand-winding
- Offers a date window at the three o’clock marker