Are you seeing an error message on Instagram down that says “We suspended your account”? The following statement constitutes the second component of the error: “There are 30 days left to object to the judgement.” If the company can’t figure out who you are, your Instagram account will be closed for good.
In the meanwhile, nobody will be able to see your account, and you won’t be able to access it either. You will discover how to resolve the error message “We suspended your account” that appears on insta, as well as how to express your disagreement with the decision.
What happened to my Instagram account that caused it to be suspended? is instagram down?
Your Instagram account was suspended because you broke one or more of the community standards, which you might see here. Your account may have been deleted because of a mistake, or insta may be having technical problems right now.
Because of problems with the Instagram system in October, tens of thousands of users were temporarily suspended from the platform. Instagram had a global outage, which resulted in users being suspended without explanation. Some of the reports read as follows: “Did anyone else’s Instagram account suddenly get suspended for no apparent reason?” And now instawon’t even make an effort to let you appeal their decision. “It just produces an error on your end?” “So, Instagram, did anyone else’s profile get deleted this morning?
“What exactly is going on?” “I am immediately heading over to Twitter to check and see if anyone else’s Instagram account has been suspended.” #instagramdown.
How to repair the Instagram error that says “We suspended your account”
You must either disagree with the decision or complete the “My insta down account was deactivated” form in order to resolve the error that says “We suspended your account” on insta. After submitting the appeal form, you will need to wait a few days for Instagram’s answer before continuing with your appeal.
Your insta account might inadvertently be disabled if Instagram’s servers are facing technical difficulties; however, this is a very unlikely occurrence. It is possible that they will want you to send a selfie of yourself carrying a code so that they can verify your identification.
If it is experiencing technical difficulties, you will need to wait between 24 and 48 hours for your account to be reinstated.
Solution No: 1
- Tap on “Disagree with the decision” when you get to the screen that says “We suspended your account.”
- Please enter the code that was sent to you through email or text message.
- Choose the option that says “I’m not a robot,” fill out the CAPTCHA, and then click the “Next” button.
- Your Instagram account was successfully reinstated after being temporarily disabled.
- Tap the “Send Confirmation” button once you have entered your phone number or email address.
Solution No: 3
- If your appeal is successful, you will be notified through email that the suspension placed on your account has been lifted.
- Wait between 24 and 48 hours if is experiencing technical difficulties.
- If isn’t working properly, you’ll need to check back later to see if your account may be suspended.
- You may search for “Instagram down” on Twitter or visit the website https://downdetector.com/status/instagram/ to determine if Instagram is experiencing technical difficulties.
- As of the month of October, tens of thousands of instagram down users claimed that the service had arbitrarily suspended their accounts.
- This indicates that the app is currently experiencing technical difficulties; in this case, you will need to wait until Instagram resolves the issue on their end.
- Server-side difficulties and application-related problems are often resolved within a period of 24 to 48 hours.
Solution No: 2
- Fill up the “My Instagram account was deleted” form and submit it.
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/help/instagram/contact/606967319425038.
- Complete your profile by entering your full name, email address, username, and phone number.
- Send a selfie of you holding a code to the recipient.
- In the space provided, please explain that your account was suspended in error, and then complete the form.
- Again, you’ll need to wait for to respond to your email.
- Watch your inbox for a response from Instagram via email.