The Cox Business email service has changed and is now only available to legacy account holders. Webmail is still available for those who still use this service, and there are many ways to set up your email on a wide range of devices. This post will walk you through the steps to set up Cox Business email on a PC, iPhone, and Android device.
What exactly is Cox Business Email?
Cox Business email is a Cox Communications email service. When you sign up for Wi-Fi, Internet service providers may occasionally offer something extra to sweeten the bargain. It might be a package of solutions such as data storage, an email account, or phone services. Cox provided a business-branded email account in addition to internet subscriptions.
It turned out that it wasn’t a really appealing offer. It will reduce this function and no longer provide new email accounts due to a lack of demand.
Cox has a typical business email account. You may do the following with your existing Cox Business email account:
- Sending and receiving emails
- have 2GB of storage space.
- Create an email template.
- Sort emails into several folders.
- Make your own email signature.
- For an email address, use your own domain name.
- Add up to nine more users.
Due to the email service cutback, secondary users are no longer able to obtain their own email address connected to the primary account. You can’t have multiple accounts with different email addresses, like [email protected], [email protected], and [email protected].
If you are one of the few people who still have a Cox Business email account, Mailbird can help you set it up on several devices.
How to Set Up and Use Your Cox Business Email
You may access your account via three methods: desktop client, webmail, and mobile. Let’s go over why you’d choose each choice and how to prepare your email for each platform.
Client for the desktop
We strongly recommend this alternative because Mailbird is a desktop client. When working from their own computers, many users utilise a desktop client.
Mailbird, for example, may handle many email providers through one programme, including those that are being phased out. This allows you to store all of your emails on your computer and work in a simple unified inbox while offline.
Cox Business email may be configured for a number of email clients by specifying the incoming and outgoing servers through IMAP and POP3.
How you set up Cox Business email will differ significantly depending on your email client. We’ll use this chance to demonstrate how simple the Mailbird setup is.
- To begin, navigate to the part of your client that allows you to create a new email account. For instance, Settings, then Accounts.
- After entering your email address, you have the option of manually configuring your account.
- This is where you will enter your IMAP or POP3 information.
- To configure your email client for Cox.net emails, enter the server settings. For your incoming server, select IMAP or POP3 and SMTP for your outbound server.
- Refresh your email client to reconnect to your email account.
Most individuals use a web browser to access their email, whether working from a shared computer or travelling away from their trusted server.
For the Cox Business webmail account, you need a network connection and a good web browser, like Chrome.
You might be accustomed to locating the Cox login at cox.net. Cox Business webmail now redirects from webmail.cox.net to a Cox.com sign-in page.
- Under User ID, enter your Cox Business email address.
- Under Password, enter your email password.
- Choose to sign in.
Some firms need you to access emails while on the go. As a result, having access to your email on your smartphone is critical.
You may set up email on your iPhone or Android using the IMAP and POP3 features, much like in the email client. This necessitates manually entering certain information, which we shall discuss more below.
Here’s how to configure Cox Business email for the iPhone using IMAP or POP3. This is beneficial for individuals who wish to access their email from a location other than their home or office.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Navigate to Mail and then Accounts.
- Choose “Add Mail Account.”
- Choose another.
- Enter your Cox business email address, password, and description after that.
- Next, choose whether you wish to connect using IMAP or POP3. In the table below, enter the incoming server settings.
- You can check that the information you gave is correct by clicking on your email address and then going to Advanced.
- Start your iPhone again.
- Go to Mail, and your email should be visible and operational.
Setting up Cox Business email for Android is similar. To set up IMAP or POP3, you’ll also need to connect to the outgoing mail server.
- Navigate to the Email App.
If this is your first time setting up email on your phone, you will be presented with a Setup Email screen; hit Other.
If you previously added an email account, click right on the Settings button.
- Enter your entire COX email address and password in the Add New Account section.
- Choose “Manual setup.”
- Select IMAP or POP under Account Type.
- Look for Incoming Server in the Server Settings box. Fill in the blanks with the following information:
- Look for the Outgoing Server area in the Server settings box.
- Then, restart your Android to have the changes take effect.
- Open your email app; your Cox Business email should be configured.
In conclusion, it looks like Cox Business Email is not a good choice for a growing business, but if you are an established user, you may still utilise the service efficiently in a number of ways.
If you’re switching email providers but want to preserve your Cox email, using Mailbird as an email client is a terrific way to store all of your emails in one place and stay organised.
We’ll assist you with integrating all of your calendars, task management applications, and even chat services as you gradually transition to a new business email provider. In summary, our straightforward, configurable design makes inbox zero more accessible than ever. Setup is straightforward, and we’re here to help you every step of the way.