There is no doubt that Airtable is a fantastic platform. It stands out from the crowd due to its ease of use and creative features. However, it does not always receive positive feedback, so we’ve compiled this list of the top Airtable alternatives.
We’ve gathered all of the greatest Airtable alternatives, including the best open-source, self-hosted, paid, and free options. We’ve listed all of the important features, prices, and pros and cons of each to help you decide. You may switch between any of these alternatives fast and easily, with no data loss or delays to your workflow.
What Exactly Is Airtable?
Airtable is a management application that allows you to enter numbers, figures, and formulae into spreadsheet cells, but with a twist: you can also include photos, PDFs, checkboxes, and tags. (known as Airtable
This allows you to simply enhance your plain data inputs or to-do lists with media and organizational tools to add context and even an additional spice of efficiency to your standard spreadsheet.
You may also develop an Airtable form and import the data into your database.
So, what else can an Airtable account be used for?
What an Airtable user can accomplish is as follows:
- Keep all of your project files in an Airtable database. (workspace)
- All of your Airtable data may be seen in a grid (akin to Microsoft Excel), calendar, or Kanban board.
- Create and utilize amazing Airtable spreadsheet templates.
- Use an Airtable integration or an Airtable API to extend its features.
Is there a better alternative to Airtable?
Yes, there are many better alternatives than Airtable. Baserow, an open-source no-code database that allows you to construct your own online database without any technical knowledge, is one of the top competitors of Airtable.
There are other excellent choices as well. Smartsheets, Notion, Trello, Asana, Freedcamp, and Quip are all worthwhile applications to investigate. Some are free, while others are paid. However, they all provide excellent project management and organizational capabilities that perform precisely how you want them to.
Smartsheet, like Airtable, is a project management and collaboration solution that focuses on spreadsheets. Because its user interface is comparable to Microsoft Excel, it’s a good place to start for project managers who are new to SaaS (software as a service) productivity tools.
- Multiple views are available, including a grid, a Gantt chart, and a Kanban board.
- Dashboards for tracking project progress
- Workflow automation for routine tasks
- Attachments for spreadsheets
Check out Hive if you want to turn the spreadsheet on its head. This project management software, “built for users, by users,” provides integrated workflow management with lots of scalability. Hive provides the ideal environment for teams to interact and cooperate, thanks to its built-in chat capability and four display options (Gantt, Kanban, Table, and Calendar).
Hives automation solutions offer your company valuable time back by automating email and processes, allowing your staff to focus on projects rather than duplicate activities. This platform is excellent for generating simple workflows from a complex work process. Hive is the ideal platform for teams of any size, with a user-friendly dashboard and a fantastic customer care staff for any issues.
- An easy-to-use dashboard for project management
- Time monitoring, workflow customization, and a native chat feature
- Over 1,000 integration possibilities
ProofHub is a highly rated competitor of Airtable that allows project teams of any size to coordinate multiple elements of their work from a single platform.
It has advanced capabilities that allow you to organize your work in a spreadsheet-like fashion but with extra tools for visualizing tasks, prioritizing work, interacting with stakeholders, and tracking team progress.
- For effective data tracking and administration, use a table view and custom fields.
- Kanban boards and Gantt charts are advanced task management capabilities.
- Work scheduling and milestone tracking are facilitated by a project calendar.
- Personal and group chat, real-time conversations, and @mentions are built-in team communication features.
Trello is an entirely different platform from Airtable in that it lives as a beautifully ordered collection of changeable boards and lists. Your team may expand and extend these boards by adding tasks, timeframes, individual productivity indicators, and more. Trello has a simple learning curve, and even the most inexperienced users can get the hang of it after a few minutes.
Butler, Trello’s built-in automated assistant, may assist your team in lowering time and tasks throughout the business by minimizing time spent on repetitive or redundant work. Trello also has its own take on integrations, dubbed “Power-Ups,” which may be used to link third-party programs into the Trello dashboard. If this seems tempting, you can learn more about comparable programs on the market by visiting these top Trello alternatives.
- For projects, there is a visual interface with infinite card availability.
- Backgrounds and stickers are made to order.
- “Power-Ups” and automation options are included.
Jira is a project management application tailored to Agile and Scrum software development teams. Jira began as a bug-tracking tool and has since developed into a highly customizable management program.
- Flexible Agile perspectives with a Scrum and Kanban board that may be customized
- Detailed reports with velocity charts, burn up charts, burndown charts, and so on.
- Dashboards for projects that can be customized
- To find a certain task, use power search.
This web-based software package, which has been available since 2000, is a little older than the other alternatives but just as sophisticated. Workzone is a spreadsheet-based project management application similar to Airtable. Workzone, on the other hand, offers a bit more functionality. Workzone is a wonderful Airtable replacement since it is created with outstanding project management capabilities, including resource, task, and time tracking.
Workzone may perform as much or as little as you need with customized reporting and automation. The greatest thing is that if you still prefer the appearance of a spreadsheet, Workzone provides that feel while also providing users with various views such as Gantt or calendar views, allowing your team to see tasks, projects, and deadlines in a variety of ways.
- Time tracking with reporting capabilities
- Diagrams of resource allocation
- Unlimited training and assistance
7. Zoho Project
Zoho Project is another useful project management tool. Zoho Project is part of the Zoho suite, which also includes CRM software, Zoho Books (for accounting), and other SaaS products. As a result, it makes sense to utilize Zoho Projects only in conjunction with other related products.
- Task lists, subtasks, and comments make task management simple.
- Gantt chart feature for dependency management
- Timesheets allow you to keep track of and report on your team’s working hours.
- Project document storage in the cloud
If you’re searching for a practical yet simple approach to organizing your projects, Monday.com is an excellent alternative to Airtable. While Airtable stores and manages data using tables, Monday.com is governed by tasks. Task management, dependency monitoring, and app connections like Slack, Jira, Asana, and HubSpot CRM are all available on the platform.
Monday.com also provides free instructional seminars and native social media management to all users. The project management software has a “panic button” function that allows users to shut down the whole account to secure data in the event that the account is compromised.
- Columns and Boards
- Checklists for automating tasks
- Integration of Apps: File views, kanban views, form views, and chart views
9. Google Spreadsheets
Google Sheets is a free spreadsheet tool that is available to everyone with a Google account or to organizations that use Google Workspace. Google Sheets is a reasonably well-known piece of software that has the user-friendly live-editing, save button-free, and sharing capabilities that we’ve come to expect from other Google Doc Editor web-based products.
- Real-time internet operations that are accessible from nearly any location
- Automatically save your work—consider Google Sheets as a cloud-based alternative to Microsoft Excel.
- The Google Sheets explore tool allows you to gain access to more features by asking questions that Google Sheets will answer for you.
- Integrate Google Sheets with other Google products, such as Forms, Finance, and Drawings.
ClickUp is an Airtable competitor that offers a very efficient dashboard view and collaborative capabilities. Goals, embedded emails, conditional automation, task checklists, custom task statuses, sprints, and 24/7 support are among the features available in the platform’s free edition. ClickUp also provides native email, a variety of themes, and free integrations. Check out our entire guide to Click Up alternatives to discover how it compares to other tools on the market.
- View of the workload
- Team communication
- Intelligent Notification
- Customized roles
- Tasks That Recur Dynamically
- Customizable Assigned Comments Docs and Notepad Mind Maps with a Board View
Asana is a project management application for teams that allows them to organize work, meet deadlines, and distribute responsibilities. It provides a simplified interface and a plethora of connectors to organize your work in the same way as a spreadsheet would, but with extra choices to examine, prioritize, and track progress for teams that have outgrown Airtable.
- There are other ways to visualize your tasks, including a list, a Kanban board, a timeline, and a calendar.
- To track your progress, use the reporting features.
- Custom rules to automate and decrease mistakes in frequent jobs
- 50+ project templates to assist you in getting started
Notion is another Airtable rival that, through its ‘tables’ function, provides spreadsheet-styled project management tools. Begin by creating a new page and selecting ‘table’ from the database section. From there, you may modify the functionalities of the columns and rows in the same way that you would in most other spreadsheet programs. You will be limited to Notion’s variants, but if you need to employ more powerful formulae, you can integrate a Google Sheets sheet inside your Notion workspace. You may also examine your table in calendar and list mode, allowing you to swiftly approach your spreadsheet from several viewpoints.
- Make a calendar and a list view of your table.
- For future usage, save your table as a template.
- Other essential project management tools are included.
Nifty is project management software that allows you to collaborate on huge projects with several team members. It provides you and your team with a shared workspace to organize projects, monitor time, and manage documents.
- Project planning milestones
- Portfolio management tools such as automatic progress overviews, timetables, statuses, and late notices are available.
- Timekeeping and reporting
- Various user roles and permissions
nTask, a project, task, and team management program that helps track and organize your company’s workflow, is another Airtable competitor. The program includes risk management and problem tracking functions to monitor hazards that might derail a project. Meeting management features are available in nTask to help you organize agendas with your team members and clients. nTask, like Airtable, provides Gantt charts and Kanban boards for diverse views of tasks inside a single interface and for tracking project progress.
- Task administration
- Kanban board with Gantt chart
- Timekeeping and timesheets
- Risk administration
Wrike is task management software that assists you in organizing tasks, collaborating with your team, and tracking job progress. It’s an excellent choice for small businesses seeking easily customized workspaces to arrange shared calendars, and its visual markup tool is useful for speeding up feedback.
However, it lacks concept management tools such as note-taking and thought mapping.
- Forms containing conditional logic should be created.
- Easily share tasks, data, and reports.
- A one-of-a-kind dashboard with a three-pane perspective
- Gantt charts that are interactive for project tracking
Freedcamp is a project management application that can coordinate schedules, tasks, wikis, and other resources to help you finish a project on time and on budget. It also has a social communication wall and private work management, as well as white labeling for client areas, invoicing, and CRM features.
When combined with third-party connections, Freedcamp provides users with a comprehensive view of their day’s key priorities.
- Keeping and organizing files
- Several project templates
- Boards with customized widgets
- Time monitoring within the app
What is comparable to Google Airtable?
Smartsheet is one of the most comparable Airtable alternatives, but it also offers several additional capabilities that Airtable does not. Smartsheet provides its customers with outstanding project management capabilities and strong tracking functions, as well as an integrated resource management tool.
Why is Airtable so fantastic?
In a nutshell, Airtable is a platform that makes it simple to create sophisticated, unique apps. These tools can automate almost any process, workflow, or project—and, best of all, you can create them without ever learning to code.
Is Trello superior to Airtable?
Trello is better suited for small teams managing simple projects and tasks. Because it allows you to construct associations across databases, Airtable is excellent for enterprises that need to track data and want something other than the standard Google Sheets or Excel spreadsheet.
Is Airtable superior to Notion?
Airtable excels at managing structured data like production schedules, invoices, and inventory. Knowledge management, journals, personal websites, and wiki-style publications, on the other hand, are areas where Notion thrives.